MVP Towson June 16 - June 18, 2017
The Unrivaled Experience#MVPTowson
Location: Towson University
Date: June 16 - June 18, 2017
- Day Registration - $5200
- Dorm Registration - $7900* per 20 person roster
- Dorm Registration for Additional Players - $135/player
Divisions: High School, Mixed Club, 2018, 2019, 2020
Home of the 2016 CAA Champion Towson Tigers, this venue boasts 4 turf fields including Johnny Unitas® Stadium. A five game guarantee and the ability to stay on campus combine for a unique event experience that emulates what it means to be a college lacrosse player. The event also includes an instructional session on Friday afternoon led by NCAA college coaches. Explore downtown Towson, or take a short drive to Baltimore's famous Inner Harbor.
Deposit Due: Upon Registration
Full Payment Due: 4/15/17
Failure to meet the payment deadline will constitute non-acceptance of the tournament registration and a forfeiture of the tournament spot and deposit fee.
Early Bird Discount: $200/off per team will be applied if teams are Paid in Full by December 15th.
Vice President of Sales & Recruiting
Brett is a defenseman and assistant captain of the New England Black Wolves, and also has played professionally outdoors for the Philadelphia Wings, Rochester Rattlers and the Chesapeake Bayhawks of the MLL. Manney is a 2008 graduate of the University of Delaware where he served as team captain his Senior year and helped the legendary 2007 Blue Hen men’s squad reach the NCAA final four. For his off-field contributions to the school and community, Brett was awarded the school’s Outstanding Male Athlete Contributor. Brett is also a Bucks County native and was a standout three-sport athlete at Holy Ghost Prep. A trailblazer, he was one the very first NCAA division one lacrosse recruits to emerge from Lower Bucks County.
Aside from his lacrosse credentials, Brett is an accomplished journalist. He currently serves as a television broadcaster for the Ohio Machine of the MLL, and also has worked extensively for ESPNHS as a writer and lacrosse talent evaluator. As Vice President of Sales & Recruiting at NXTsports, Manney uses his lacrosse and journalism backgrounds to plan and implement Showcase Lacrosse events, company media relations, marketing and communications strategies. Brett also continues to serve as a highly popular member of the NXT Lacrosse Club coaching staff.
College Coaches Attending
College Coach Clinicians Committed for Summer 2017
At NXT, our philosophy is to only publish the coaches or programs who will be running skills clinics, lecturing, or working at the event in some capacity. Out of respect for coaches, we do not publish the list of college coaches attending to recruit prior to the event. However, we do publish and share the College Coach Sign-In Sheets after the event. Our list of historical sign-in sheets at Showcase Events is the best in class. Please note, the college coaching staffs listed above have committed to working at Showcase and MVP Events for the Summer of 2017. However, we do not guarantee that each institution will be represented at every single event
- No other DI facility in the Mid-Atlantic has more side by side turf fields and has hosted as many NCAA games
- Live like a top recruit on a ranked DI college campus for a weekend
- Explore one of the coolest college towns in United States. Plenty of hotels and restaurants for team gatherings
- Dining halls, air-conditioned dorms, buses to and from the dorms, and state of the art lacrosse facilities
- College recruiting panel discussion led by a DI keynote speaker
- Exposure to the more than 160 colleges that attended MVP in 2016
- Compete against teams from all over the country for an MVP Championship
- Extra Exposure in our grad year based all star games for the Top Performers chosen by a staff of College Coaches
- Friday Skills clinics lead by DI and DIII college coaches
- MVP lacrosse camps have been around for 25 years. Be a part of the tradition this year!
- COLLEGES THAT ATTENDED MVP EVENTS IN 2016
- Teams will play a five (5) game guarantee during pool play over the course of 3 days
- One (1) game Friday Night, Three (3) games on Saturday, One (1) game on Sunday morning
- Division Championship games will be played based on team performance
- Games will be played as two (2) 25 minute running halves with a 2 minute halftime
- There will be five (5) minutes between games for teams to warm up
- There are NO timeouts
- In the event of overtime, teams will play a four (4) minute sudden death overtime period with running time.
- All teams must submit a roster prior to arriving at the tournament. Teams not submitting a roster, will not have their team's contact information distributed to college coaches in attendance. Rosters are due no later than 1 week prior to the tournament starting date.
- MVP staff members will verify your roster's information prior to the start of your first pool game on Friday evening.
Use the link below to complete our Online Waiver which is required in order to participate in the MVP Towson
Check-in: 3-6 p.m.
- Team coaches are given keys to distribute to their team.
- Teams will check in prior to their first contest on Friday night at either their assigned dorm or at the main registration tent located at Johnny Unitas Stadium
Games range from 4-10 p.m.
- All teams play one game on Friday night.
- An optional lacrosse skills clinic will be held at Johnny Unitas Stadium prior to the start of pool play on Friday evening. The clinic is led by the staff of NCAA coaches and provides position specific work to those players in attendance
Baltimore Inner Harbor
Located in downtown Baltimore, the Baltimore Inner Harbor features world-class history, dining, shopping, culture, and entertainment for all ages of the family to enjoy.
Learn why the Inner Harbor is a top-destination in the area.
Located eight miles south of Towson University's campus, the National Aquarium features a living collection of more than 20,000 fish, birds, amphibians, reptiles and marine mammals living in award-winning habitats.
Be sure to visit the first public aquarium in the nation.
Originally completed in 1803, Fort McHenry served as the site of a British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812. The bombardment inspired Francis Scott Key to compose "The Star-Spangled Banner."
Be sure to visit this present day national monument and historic shrine.
We look forward to hosting you at the 2017 MVP Towson. NXT works hard to provide quality hotel options that meet the needs of all attendees. NXT thus requires all attendees to book event hotel rooms through our system.
Or contact HBC Event Services - email@example.com / 505-346-0522