MVP Invitational June 15 - June 17, 2018
The Unrivaled Experience#MVPInvite
Location: John A. Farrell Stadium - West Chester University
Date: June 15 - June 17, 2018
- Day Registration - $210 per individual
- Dorm Registration - $375 per individual
- Team Registration - $4200
Divisions: High School, Mixed Club, 2019, 2020, 2021
West Chester University, former home to the Philadelphia Eagle's training camp, boasts 3 turf fields including John A. Farrell Stadium. A five game guarantee and the ability to stay on campus make for a unique event experience similar to the lifestyle of a college lacrosse player. The event also includes an instructional session on Friday afternoon led by NCAA college coaches. Explore downtown West Chester, or take a short drive to Philadelphia.
Once you register your team, we will send payment information for your individual players.
Payment Due: Within 30 Days of Team Registration
Failure to meet the payment deadline may constitute non-acceptance of the tournament registration and a forfeiture of the tournament spot.
Brett M. Manney
Director of Showcase Lacrosse
Brett is a defenseman and assistant captain of the New England Black Wolves, and also has played professionally outdoors for the Philadelphia Wings, Rochester Rattlers and the Chesapeake Bayhawks of the MLL. Manney is a 2008 graduate of the University of Delaware where he served as team captain his Senior year and helped the legendary 2007 Blue Hen men’s squad reach the NCAA final four. For his off-field contributions to the school and community, Brett was awarded the school’s Outstanding Male Athlete Contributor. Brett is also a Bucks County native and was a standout three-sport athlete at Holy Ghost Prep. A trailblazer, he was one the very first NCAA division one lacrosse recruits to emerge from Lower Bucks County.
Aside from his lacrosse credentials, Brett is an accomplished journalist. He currently serves as a television broadcaster for the Ohio Machine of the MLL, and also has worked extensively for ESPNHS as a writer and lacrosse talent evaluator. As Vice President of Sales & Recruiting at NXTsports, Manney uses his lacrosse and journalism backgrounds to plan and implement Showcase Lacrosse events, company media relations, marketing and communications strategies. Brett also continues to serve as a highly popular member of the NXT Lacrosse Club coaching staff.
- Beautiful venue in the heart of the Mid-Atlantic that plays host to the Philly Under Armour All-American Tryouts
- Live like a top recruit on a College Campus for a weekend
- Explore one of the coolest college towns in United States. Plenty of hotels and restaurants for team gatherings
- Dining halls, air-conditioned dorms, and state of the art facilities
- Dorm price includes: 3 meals on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday and 2 nights in the dorms
- Coaches from over 100 colleges attended MVP tournaments in 2017
- Compete against teams from all over the country for a Championship
- Friday Skills clinics lead by DI and DIII college coaches
- Teams will play a five game guarantee during pool play over the course of 3 days
- One game Friday Night, Three games on Saturday, One game on Sunday morning
- Division Championship games will be played based on team performance
- Games will be played as four 12 minute running halves with a 4 minute halftime
- Teams have one timeout per game
- In the event of overtime, teams will play a four minute sudden death overtime period with running time.
- All teams must submit a roster prior to arriving at the tournament. Teams not submitting a roster, will not have their team's contact information distributed to college coaches in attendance. Rosters are due no later than 1 week prior to the tournament starting date.
- NXT staff members will verify your roster's information prior to the start of your first pool game on Friday evening.
Check-in: 3-6 p.m.
- Team coaches are given keys to distribute to their team.
- Teams will check in prior to their first contest on Friday night at either their assigned dorm or at the main registration tent located at John A. Farrell Stadium
Games range from 4-10 p.m.
- All teams play one game on Friday night.
- An optional lacrosse skills clinic will be held at John A. Farrell Stadium prior to the start of pool play on Friday evening. The clinic is led by the staff of NCAA coaches and provides position specific work to those players in attendance
John A. Farrell Stadium - West Chester University855 South New Street
West Chester, PA 19382
NXT is proud to partner with the Chester County CVB to host this event!
There is so much to see and do on event weekend. Located in the heart of Chester County’s Brandywine Valley, and in close proximity to Philadelphia, your time off the field will be packed with excitement. From unique historical attractions, a variety of restaurants to satisfy any foodie, and a host of different events, your weekend promises to be one to remember.
Brandywine Picnic Park
Tube or paddle down the Brandywine, relax in the shade, or bask in the sun. We pride ourselves on offering the best food and friendliest service available in a traditional family picnic atmosphere.
Longwood Gardens offers a new experience everyday with special events, concerts, and cuisine; The 1050 acres of woodlands, gardens, conservatories and fountains are open everyday of the year.
Valley Forge National Historical Park
Valley Forge was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army. Welcome center and Washington's headquarters open 9am-5pm daily.
American Helicopter Museum & Education Center
The Delaware Valley is the birthplace of the helicopter industry; Come see over 35 helicopters, climb in five; Visit our theatre or rent the facility for your event.
HOTELS STAY-TO-PLAY POLICY
NXT & HBC Event Services strive to provide a streamlined hotel experience for all participants. As part of this effort, we require that all non-commuting teams participating in our tournaments (as a condition of acceptance) make hotel accommodations using our tournament housing services. Please do not call the hotels directly. Please book through the hotel reservation link provided below. We appreciate your support as these partnered hotels assist in sponsoring our event.
Or contact HBC Event Services - firstname.lastname@example.org / 505-346-0522